The Diploma in Corporate Governance is the second level in our Chartered Director Programme.
All Diploma participants are must have successfully completed the CCGI Certificate in Corporate Governance course and examination in order to be eligible to participate.
What do you learn?
The Diploma in Corporate Governance Course encompasses the core knowledge and awareness that is necessary to function effectively as a director:
• An in-depth view of the role, responsibilities and legal duties of a director
• An understanding of the characteristics of an effective board
• Sound knowledge of financial terms and concepts
• The issues and processes associated with formulating strategic and business plans and achieving strategic
Part 1: Leading Strategic Change (1 day course)
This course explores the roles played by change agents in leading strategic change initiatives. By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Recognise the leadership requirements for mobilizing support and leading strategic change
• Describe the process for mobilizing support and leading strategic change
• Explain the benefits of improvements in corporate governance practices
• Develop plans for implementing corporate governance change within their companies
• Recognize the need for collective rather than individual action
• Build support networks and use mechanisms to assist in implementing changes
Part 2: Board Dynamics (1 day course)
This course examines the dynamic relationship between board performance and its structure and membership. By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Identify the characteristics and benefits of an effective board
• Identify a dysfunctional board’s characteristics
• Articulate key elements of a board evaluation
• Develop solutions to improve a board’s effectiveness