THE ROLE OF THE COMPANY SECRETARY IN GOOD GOVERNANCE
The breadth and importance of the role of the Company Secretary has increased markedly in recent times. Company Secretaries play a critical role in providing the Board with the right support to ensure effective operations. This includes high quality, relevant and timely support, applicable information and solid advice to enable the Board to make decisions and set strategies effectively. This master class was designed specifically for Company Secretaries to ensure they deliver quality board support.
1. The role of the secretary under Barbados company law
2. Core duties and potential liabilities of the Company Secretary as an Officer
3. The secretary’s position within the corporate governance structure
4. Discussing the main corporate governance challenges facing company secretaries Exploring the company secretary’s relationship with management, the board and shareholders
5. The Secretary’s Role in Facilitating Decision-Making
6. The Secretary’s Role in Assisting Directors’ With Discharging Their Duties